[Spridgets] Rostyle wheels

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 3 15:00:24 MDT 2011

http://www.mgexperience.net/phorum/read.php?1,831712,834206

-----Original Message-----
From: spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net
[mailto:spridgets-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of J Foster
Sent: Sunday, April 03, 2011 3:26 PM
To: Spridget list
Subject: [Spridgets] Rostyle wheels

Considering repainting the Rostyle wheels on my '73 Midget.  They were
either done poorly many years ago, or it's simply the age of the paint
showing.

Any suggestions/recommendations on paint to use?  Are the wheels
"silver" or "aluminum", and is the black gloss or flat?

I plan on doing this with tires mounted and "on the cheap" as I may
have to sell the car soon.

Any one used a mask or is painting the black by hand easy enough?  Any
tips you can share?

I'm also debating on buying some trim rings - the wheels just seem
naked without them.  I see Moss lists stainless rings for $90, which
is higher than I'd hoped to spend. Any of you know if the rings sold
by Vic Brit are metal, or simply plated plastic; or can give any
opinions of quality of them?

Of course if anyone has a set of decent trim rings they're not using
and want to get rid of reasonably please feel free to email me off
list.
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums