[Spridgets] No LBC, dead battery

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Sun Oct 16 11:51:52 MDT 2011

My wife's battery died completely as we were sitting in a parking lot with the engine off listening to the end of an interesting radio program.  This car is driven more than 30 miles working days.  The battery water is full.

We got a jump; I charged it first with a big charger, then with a little trickle minder until it switched to maintenance.  This morning, resting voltage is 12.8v; charging voltage is 14.5 v; I don't have a SG tester.  Should I check cranking voltage?

Why is this system not charging enough to run the radio for more than 10-15 minutes?

Michael Rowe
2005 Subaru Outback