[Spridgets] Where were you when the LBC bug got you?

lotuspilot at frontier.com lotuspilot at frontier.com
Thu Oct 27 06:25:55 MDT 2011

The year was 1980 and I was 10.  I was at Summit Point Raceway (SCCA)with my parents.  There were quite a few Bugeyes and Lotus Sevens in the paddock.  I had a bicycle with me and access to the pits.  It went down hill from there.  I have owned 5 Bugeyes, a '65 Spitfire, 3 Mk II Sprites, 1 Mk I Midget, '67 Sprite, 68 Sprite, 69 Sprite and 73 MG Midget. Then I moved on to the best . . . series one lotus Super Seven and early series two Seven America after I sold my series two Super Seven.  I still have a '61 Bugeye and a '62 Sprite that is going to vintage race.

I have loved every minute of my illness.

Mike Carpenter