[Spridgets] Re Where were you when the LBC bug got you?

Kurt Appley kmappley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:16:41 MDT 2011

My first LBC was a MG TC as well, Jim. Bought it in Kansas on the way back
from the drag race "Winternationals" in Pomona Ca. Driving my 55 Nomad at
the time (God, I should have kept them).

The bug bit in high school where my buds and me lived for anything that went
fast and was powered by gasoline. Jap bikes were cheap so we were racing
"scrambles" when we were juniors.

One of those "buds" bought a ratty MGA and along with reading "Road and
Track" in study hall we knew that LBC's would go fast in corners instead of
just in a straight line like the American cars we were acquainted with. So
when I saw the TC in Kansas he and I agreed it had to be bought!!

Kurt.