[Spridgets] Since the list has been "quiet"

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Sun Aug 12 08:09:09 MDT 2012

Yeah, my driveway is special.  It's boxed in and, to oversimplify, slants
towards the garage.  I don't want water in the garage, so I move the snow past
the city sidewalk and let the melt go onto the street.  The big problem is
that the city sidewalk has been raised over the more than half-century since
the house was built and it dams the damned water.

Robert
Sent from my device that doesn't pay me to advertise for them.

On 2012-08-11, at 9:19 PM, Tim Collins <thcollin at mtu.edu> wrote:

> At 02:59 PM 8/11/2012, Robert Duquette wrote:
>> Not much has changed with 'the cars' in the past couple of years.
>>
>> You've seen this before:
>> http://tinyurl.com/9ax9fl9
>
> There's something in your garage in the 5th picture that the majority of the
folks on this list will not be able to identify. In the picture with the
snowblower (easy to identify) there's a picture of a "Yooper Scooper" to the
left (or whatever you call them in Canada.) A Yooper Scooper is an open sided
"pan" with a handle so one can scoop snow and move it to another location
without having to lift anything. They work real well if you have a sloping
yard so you have a "cliff" to dump the scoop. See one in action here:
http://www.silverbear.biz/

> I had one along with a CJ7 Jeep with blade, a Ford 1200 tractor with a 4
foot wide two-stage snowblower on front and a blade on the rear, a walk behind
8HP snowblower, a roof rake, and an assortment of snow shovels. I sold them
all and moved to Southern Michigan. The first Winter here I went to Walmart
and bought a plastic snow shovel. Life is good now!!