[Spridgets] Power to fuel pump

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Fri Aug 17 14:23:15 MDT 2012

Hello Mark,

     I don't know.

     given that statement, I noticed that the idle speed of the engine
     changed as both the ambient temperature and the engine
     temperature went up, the idle speed went down. That is, in either
     hot weather, or hot engine, and especially hot engine in hot
     weather, I would have to goose the throttle to keep it from
     dieing. Since the first 1/4 or so of the Choke is supposed to be
     only fuel opening, not butterfly closing, I would just pull it
     out a touch at stop lights and such during the summer. (I too had
     a facet fuel pump wired through the ignition switch). ...

     I thought it was just the SU carbs getting hot and that a better
     heat shield or insulating the exhaust header would fix the
     problem....

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.