[Spridgets] Power to fuel pump

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 02:49:15 MDT 2012

It might make a difference but if the pump is that weak it's long been time
 for a new pump!

haynes386 at netzero.net writes:

I've  been mulling this question over in my mind, and thought I'd try to get
some  different views on it.
I have the power for my facet fuel pumps (both MKI  and MKII) run through
the
ignition switch (the MKII has a separate dash  switch as well), and both
cars
are running the original genny.
IF I were  to rewire the fuel pump through a relay so that the pump gets
straight  voltage form the battery, would this make a difference in how the
pump  performs when the cars are at low RPMs.
They both seem to have a propensity  to want to stall after a while at low
R's,
and the discussion about  alternators and the lack of genny output at low
R's
got me thinking about  this.
It might be the cause of some of my 'running out of gas' with 3 gals  left
in
the tank.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it  Forward