[Spridgets] SU Carb Help Sought

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 09:12:23 MST 2012

I like single SU HIF6 (HIF44) setups.  I like SU carbs.  Twins are
cool but singles are much easier to tune, you don't have to balance
them.  I would go single HIF6 before twin HS4.  The intake manifold is
an area that can be improved greatly with aftermarket parts.  Most
people with your kind of build go with Weber side drafts.  I think
Webers are great for racing but I also think they are fuel hogs on the
street.  They look great and perform well but they don't give you
anything like the mileage they should, IMO.

IIRC I had a BDD needle in my single HIF44 but it has been a while.