[Spridgets] Since the list has been "quiet"

Rick Bastedo rbastedo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:58:58 MDT 2012

I've got the green frogeye-Midget
Datsun 1500 and dogleg 5 speed, late Midget 3.7 diff.
HIF4 SU's on it run a tad rich but that's better than lean
Electric fan. Getting 27MPG consistently and anyone who has been driving
with me knows I don't 'take it easy'.
Miata seats, heated for our Northwest mornings.
Go fast jellybean mags with Ansen Sprint hub caps (they are shiny)
175/70 R13 General Altimax RT tires
Trunk lid off a 61 Midget because I like the chrome four piece MG Midget
emblems
Early tail lights, because round looks better IMHO
Custom fiberglass fillers under the tail lights
No bumpers
I drive it every day, and am always having to stop and answer all the
questions - usually guys between the ages of 10 - 100 wanting to know "what
is it?"

Red '64 MK2 Sprite
948 Bugeye motor with 4 speed trans
Hydraulic lines all replaced with aircraft hydraulics (former owner worked
at Boeing)
Nice interior, flashy red seat belts with period style hardware
Black seats redone with gear from AH Spares
New black carpeting
Nice heavy gauge AMCO top
NOS side curtains

'73 RWA tub
Waiting for Peter to build a car for himself, I'll help of course

'59 Bugeye tub
Waiting for me to get off my butt and get busy with it!!

Approximately 2 to 3 tons of Spridget parts including a MK1 Midget parts car
All or most will hopefully be part of one of the new cars we will put
together

Rick (spridgety bits) Bastedo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Trevor Jessie <trevor.jessie at gmail.com>
Subject: [Spridgets] Since the list has been "quiet"

I see many names and I know the status of some of your cars, but let's have
an update.

I'll start:
I have a 1958 Bugeye with a supercharged (Moss) 1275 and datsun 5 speed.
 It is driveable, but needs body/paint/interior.
I also have a 1970/2 Midget that has decent body/paint and a 5 speed, but
needs an engine rebuild... I want to do a fuel injected turbo.
I was just given a 1977 Midget.  If I can get the title clear, I'll patch
it up and sell it on.

Anyone else like to do a status update?

-Trevor