[Spridgets] [midgetsprite] Exhaust Pipe Diamter

Brad Fornal tequila.brad at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 17:14:03 MDT 2012

So, I went to talk to the muffler guy today. He's a bit young, but seems to
know his stuff. My regular car mechanic recommends him, so I'll give him a
try. He doesn't have the muffler in stock, due to the small input/output
diameter, but will have it Tuesday. He thinks that he can get me an extra
inch of ground clearance on the pipe, without having to "hammer" (what they
call the ovaling process) pipe. I may have him do it anyway, to get every
bit of clearance I can. He is getting a muffler that will slide up into the
space between the tank and the rear wing, for more clearance there as well.
As we were talking in his office, before I left, he reaches onto his
bookcase, and pulls down a greasy book, and starts paging through it. I
didn't give it much mind, until he says "I don't know if your car is in
here or not" and tosses the book my direction. I politely tell him "no, but
I wish it was". He says, "go ahead and take it, you are as close to needing
it as anyone I'll ever know."
So, I am the proud owner, of a well used, but intact copy, of AKD 117911
BMC Service Workshop Manual Austin Healey 100 6 and 3000. printed 1968
WOOO HOOOOO!!!
I'll be back at the shop for a new pipe next Friday. Maybe I need some
before and after photos, to post on my cheesy assed website, in case anyone
is interested in seeing what was done.

Brad

http://tequilabrad.com/