[Spridgets] Racer types, Carb help please!

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 22:46:32 MDT 2012

Rick:  Springs are in dashpots no leak apparent around throttle shafts
Bill:  I have no idea about the needles and feel that they may have been
altered
Jim:   I will have to check the butterfly closing next
Jack:  Will look for it..
Brad:  Fixed (he says sheepishly)?  Mounted to the underside of the carb
piston firmly.
Dean:  Yup.  and then pushed up just to be sure
Ron:  Yes it is, he said that these carbs worked really well and that someone
else had borrowed them for a race.  Im not sure that I could inspect them and
know if they were altered.  There does not appear to be any of the re-shaping
of the piston itself though.

Lester

>> Hi all,
>>
>> so I have this little problem with the carbs and I ask your help, but first
>> little history..
>>
>> I purchased this 1380 go fast engine about 2 (?) years ago. Freshly built
with
>> the carbs mounted.  I have never gotten around to tuning everything until
>> recently, hat means this morning.  Messed with the timing a bit and tried
>> adjust the carbs.  I can not get them to idle slowly, hmm.. they idle at
3000
>> revs.  These are later carbs for a 1275 that have been warmed over a lot
I'm

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/refisk@chartermi.net