[Spridgets] OT - looking to get a new family car

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Mon Mar 5 09:02:13 MST 2012

Hi Rick,

 From what I understand "being green" was the motivation behind this.
I've got nothing against being green, but when you manufacture cars
which have a reputation of lasting forever, this seems to be a
particularly boneheaded maneuver. I've read on the Volvo boards that the
240 series had a problem with biodegradable plastic being used in the
wiring harnesses, causing the owners a lot of problems as the cars aged.
I guess they remedied this on the post-240 series cars.

When I was younger I owned a 1969 Volvo 164 which was a tank. Picked it
up for next to nothing and drove it for years. Wish I had held on to
that one.

Good luck,

Robert