[Spridgets] Steel grades, now jack stands

dwoerpel at wi.net dwoerpel at wi.net
Sun Nov 25 17:20:59 MST 2012

Great advice!  Thanks!

Dave W.

Just pick some that look well constructed.  My rule for HF ratings is
> divide by two.  If they say 6 ton, then they are probably safe for
3 tons.
> Like with other tools you can get a feel for what is
better quality.  If
> you have a good Snap-On wrench, for example,
and a regular Craftsman
> wrench
> you can tell after
using them both for a while which one is better.

> For
jack stands you have three choices:
> Import, like HF, decent
quality, low price, functional.
> USA made, like OTC, US Jack,
Hein Werner.  Good quality, high priced,
> bullet proof.

Custom made, tell a fabricator what you want have them made. Quality is
as
> good as the fabricator, high priced.

use HF/Craftsman, same quality level to me.  If I was a professional
> mechanic some of my tools would be higher quality choices and I'd
probably
> have USA made jack stands.  But, the imports work as
well for my needs.
> My
> buddy works on military trucks
sometimes so we either buy USA made stuff
> or
> make them
as needed for his shop.

http://www.team.net/donate.html