[Spridgets] Cam removal on 1275 in car

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Fri Aug 1 21:41:13 MDT 2014

Stupidity.

I got the correct tap and die in.  Those are 9/32 BSF (26 tpi) from
http://www.britishfasteners.com/index.php   In my haste I quickly chased the
threads in the rocker arm then the threads on the spare adjuster.  While
tapping the rocker arm I made sure that there was cloth underneath to catch
any metal filings.  Couldn't have the cloth in the way while I tried to screw
in the adjuster so moved it.  Still a little tough so I move the pushrod out
of the hole.

One slip of the fingers and down the hole it went.  I can not get the adjuster
out of the hole the follower is in.  I tried superglue and I tried a small
magnet.  Now I have a small magnet and a lifter adjuster in there.

So now I guess it's off to the shop and I'll just swap out the other engine..
if only it were that easy.. there is the flywheel and pilot bushing for the 5
speed.  maybe I can use the flywheel and clutch off the original 948 if they
fit an early 1098 crank.  Otherwise it's weeks in the shop waiting on just the
right parts and then the machining that follows.  Or take the engine out,
invert remove cam etc.  Not a job for an afternoon.

FRACK.

Stupid is as stupid does Forrest.

Les.. Forrest

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/soavero@yahoo.com