[Spridgets] Oil Pressure vs Quantity

rrengineer.mike rrengineer.mike at att.net
Wed Aug 13 03:56:02 MDT 2014

My first Bugeye with the original 948 motor that I owned back in 1971 was kind of strange when it came to oil pressure. B While driving, the oil pressure would drop from 60 psi to 40 psi after a week or two. B Upon checking the oil, it was down a quart. B I would add a quart of oil and the pressure went back up to 60 psi! B I have always wondered about this. Oil pressure should have nothing to do with oil quantity. B Any ideas of the mechanics of this? B
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Sent via the Samsung GALAXY SB. 5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone