[Spridgets] Waterless Engine Coolant

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Feb 23 15:12:45 MST 2014

When I had the Judson supercharger on my Bugeye I tried Evans coolant.  I had
made the mistake of trying the supercharger on an engine that was lsightly too
high of a compression ratio and instead of boost I got a lot of heat and
noise.  I tried the Evans coolant that worked but there were two things I
never got used to.  One was the high temps that were OK with the coolant and
then the smell of the stuff.  I swear it smelled like pancake syrup when it
was heated up.  Even after I removed the supercharger. the smell persisted for
a year or two, until I out in the 1275. And David, I'm only over here in San
Bernardino if you ever need any help with anything.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56
BN2

AM, "Dena & David Vrba" <denadave at ca.rr.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Listers,

I'm curious to hear responses of "yea" or "nay" on the use of waterless

engine coolant in our LBC loved ones.  My limited research has EVANS

company
>>> as a front runner for this product.  Good web site for information
from
>>> them: http://www.evanscooling.com/    I have no personal or financial
>>> interest in this company.
>>>
>>> I have always been a "rain water with
water wetter" engine coolant guy
>for
>>> my Sprite.
>>>
>>> Anyone used or I
should say using, because it is a life of the engine
>>> product, any
waterless coolant?  The overall performance looks to be a
>>> natural for my
1275 running in Southern California hot summers.  Also
>> would
>>> like your
procedures and techniques on "flushing" out all the water and
>>> ensuring all
water is gone in the cooling system before filling with