[Spridgets] Waterless Engine Coolant

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Feb 23 15:15:59 MST 2014

My fingers are faster than my brain.  I meant , until I put in the 1275.
Mike
MacLean

<rrengineer.mike at att.net>
<corvallis at peoplepc.com>; "spridgets at autox.team.net"
<spridgets at autox.team.net>
>Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:12 PM
Re: [Spridgets] Waterless Engine Coolant

>When I had the Judson
supercharger on my Bugeye I tried Evans coolant.  I had
>made the mistake of
trying the supercharger on an engine that was lsightly too
>high of a
compression ratio and instead of boost I got a lot of heat and
>noise.  I
tried the Evans coolant that worked but there were two things I
>never got
used to.  One was the high temps that were OK with the coolant and
>then the
smell of the stuff.  I swear it smelled like pancake syrup when it
>was heated
up.  Even after I removed the supercharger. the smell persisted for
>a year or
two, until I out in the 1275. And David, I'm only over here in San
>Bernardino
if you ever need any help with anything.
>Mike MacLean
>60 Sprite
>56
>BN2
>

>>________________________________
>>

>>> On Feb 23, 2014, at 11:56
>AM, "Dena & David Vrba" <denadave at ca.rr.com>

>I'm curious to hear responses of "yea" or "nay" on the use of waterless
>>>>
>engine coolant in our LBC loved ones.  My limited research has EVANS
>>>
>company
information
>from
personal or financial

been a "rain water with
>water wetter" engine coolant guy
>>for
Sprite.

>should say using, because it is a life of
the engine
>waterless coolant?  The overall performance
looks to be a
>1275 running in Southern California hot
summers.  Also
>>> would