[Spridgets] One that got away

WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com WeslakeMonza1330 at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 11:20:59 MDT 2014

Not my car!

k8djc at zoominternet.net writes:

Back in  1962 I was in England enjoying driving my new Sprite.  Then I
found
out about a chance to enhance its performance.  I drooled over  advertising
that was being done by Jack Brabham.  For the expenditure  of $1000 he
would
install a Coventry Climax engine in  my  Sprite.  The thought of having a
high performance engine was  intriguing.  Then reality set in.  I had paid
$1300 for my  Sprite while my Air Force pay check was about $200 a month.
thousand dollars would have been a big bite.  I also considered  problems I
would have with maintenance when I went back Stateside.   Ultimately I
didn't
pursue the possibility but I still wonder what it  would have been like to
drive a car with that power plant.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Spridget Coventry Climax -1.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Spridget Coventry Climax -2.JPG]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Spridget Coventry Climax -3.JPG]