[Spridgets] Heating a bearing for interference fit ... good idea or not?

Brian Morse owensdad74 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:09:56 MDT 2015

I responded to David Lieb off list on this.

So I used to work for a big German auto parts manufacturer- we had cast
cylinder liners made in Brazil that eventually ended up in inline GM
aluminum blocks.  Part of their process was to chill the blocks and the
liners to allow a "slip fit" in their assembly process, which lead to an
interference fit before they were machined.

I should have been more specific...

3wheel in A2

--
Sent from my Tardis