[Spridgets] Engine knock

pcasey at hawaii.rr.com pcasey at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jan 16 11:11:15 MST 2015

Hi Michael- When did it knock, at idle, or only at higher rpms? -and did you have good oil pressure at various engine speeds?  Just my $0.02, but if I was trying to track the knock down, I would first check the top end: valve lash (which would be an indicator of valve issues), worn rocker bushes, etc.  On the bottom end, check each rod and main bearing clearance, one at at a time, with plastigage, and while each rod is free, wiggle it around in all directions, and up and down, to check for play/worn wristpin, or broken/damaged/excessively worn piston.  Also check thrust bearing clearance (fore and aft).  Let us know what you find-

Patrick
Kailua, HI