[Spridgets] MG2016 a spridget invasion

Trevor Jessie trevor.jessie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 20:54:55 MDT 2015

Here is the deal.  I'm committed to helping with MG2016 since it is in my
hometown.  One of the things that is almost always lacking at national MG
events is Midget representation.  2016 can be the year that we remedy that
situation,  Here is what I have in mind ... a spridget piggy back event.

It would work something like this:

   - We (spridget owners) promote MG2016 to other spridget owners and
   encourage people to register so that we are all covered by the event's
   insurance and can participate in all the great activities already being
   planned for MG2016.
   - We request to host a tech session that promises to be more
   entertaining and informative than any other (more on this later)
   - We designate a "spridget central" hotel (to help foster spontaneous
   tech sessions and activities)
   - We schedule at least one drive/tour during "tour on your own time"
   - We have our own special voting/awards at the car show that do not
   overlap with the MG2016 awards.  (We ask that the sprites be parked next to
   the midgets on the show field)
   - We offer regalia through a company like cafepress.
   - Optionally: we volunteer to run the funkhana since spridget owners
   know a lot about having fun in cars.
   - Lastly, if the local SCCA chapter is brought on board to do a
   gymkhana, then we bribe them to make a tight course to favor our cars.
   Sadly, there is no guarantee for a gymkhana, but it has been discussed.

I've had some input and verbal commitments from a few people, but I need to
gauge interest and solicit additional ideas to be able to submit a proposal
to MG2016.

Let me know if you would be interested in attending or helping plan the
spridget portion.  MG2016 is June 13-17.   Pricing and hotel information
will be available soon.

-Trevor

PS Yes, I know the AHCA Conclave is the same time and only 90 miles away.