[Spridgets] Engine Break-in

Bob Kitterer bkitterer at me.com
Mon Nov 2 08:39:38 MST 2015

Michael,

What kind of oil are you using?  If it is synthetic the rings most likely will never seat.  I use a good grade of petroleum oil for the first 1K miles.  Limiting the rpm to 3 K for the first couple hundred miles. Then slowly go to higher rpm for the remainder.  Now I do break in's for longevity so there will be other preferred methods.

Bob  Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2013 Miata

Pay it Forward
Thanks Frank