[Spridgets] Battery disconnect

MICHAEL ROWE mdrowe at optonline.net
Wed Jan 13 10:44:42 MST 2016

Instructions for working on the gauges of my Toyota say remove the
negative battery terminal.  This makes no sense to me.  It leaves all
the hot wires live, so if your tool grounds one of them, it will spark.
 Removing the positive terminal eliminates this possibility.

Some years ago, I put in a kill switch on the ground terminal, and the
car would continue to run when the ground was open.  It only prevented
starting.  In fact, this is one of the electrical tests mentioned by
John Twist.

All of my cars have a disconnect knob on the positive terminal.  Do I
have this backward?
Michael Rowe