[Spridgets] Battery disconnect

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:52:29 MST 2016

It really doesn't make a lot of difference which one is disconnected,
either will prevent any danger of a short.  But there is a good reason to
do the negative, or at least do it first.  The reason is that if your
wrench accidentally hits a part of the body or frame while removing the
negative terminal, it is not a problem because they are normally connected
to the negative terminal anyway.  But, if your wrench slips while undoing
the positive terminal and hits the body or frame, you are arc welding.
Once the negative is disconnected, there is no path for current back to the
battery, so the risk is eliminated.

--
= Never offend people with style when you   =