[Spridgets] Upgrading Triumph Spitfire Wheel Studs

Bob Spruck raspruck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 19:22:44 MST 2016

I did exactly what you are saying for the same reasons. I used
Wheel-Tite #28070 from Pep Boys on both my '67 vintage race Midget and
on my '72 Midget when I converted from wire wheels to aluminum wheels.
Because one stud spun on me, I welded the heads to the back of the hub
and now they will NEVER come loose. They are readily available and not
expensive.

I wrote an article detailing the entire conversion for the now defunct
Sprite Midget Magazine. I'd be glad to send it to anybody who is interested.

Bob Spruck