[Spridgets] Windscreen installation?

Mark Haynes 220caribou at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:53:09 MST 2017

I took advantage of Vicky Brits sale and ordered a new windscreen in for
the BE, Now I find that 'my guy' who does windshields has retired (just
when you get someone good, they either die or retire!). So I'm looking for
advice on the install. Last time (for the MKII) I took the frame down and
had 'my guy' install it like that, off the car.
Is it easier to do with the frame on the car? It occurred to me that it's
easier to hold when mounted.
Has anyone done this themselves, and if so, advice please? what lubricant
do you use? what tools are indispensible? (other than patience, which I am
getting more of).
And how would you go about removing (to try to save), my Dean of Spridgets
and MG2009 stickers?
TIA,
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward