[Spridgets] Part 1 of 3 Re: Windscreen installation?

dwoerpel dwoerpel at wi.net
Mon Feb 20 11:07:57 MST 2017

Hi Mark!  O-Boy the memories!  I'm sending 7 photos from the Holy Sprite
Escapade.  Frank, Jim Johnson, and I took the windscreen to Mike, owner
of Twin City Glass in Tom's River.  There were 6 of us that wrestled
with that bit of rubber only to find that the locking "rope" (the bit of
rubber that goes into the windscreen gasket's groove to spread it) was
too small in diameter (actually it's kind of a rounded triangle, see
photo.)  I remember Mike turning the air blue and hollering about "Damn
bootleg rubber!"  Had to order the correct size rope...don't know if it
ever came.   Best of luck allow a lot of time and beer.  It helped to
warm the gasket before installing into the frame channel and you may
have to mitre the corner to look nice.  This is not for arthritic hands!

1 photo - removing the original rope (it's old and dry and usually comes
out in pieces)
2 photo - Mike(blue shirt) and his brother cleaning out ALL the old
gasket from the frame.  It was the lubed with some magic liquid they had
(not a spray, soap maybe??)

To be continued.

Dave W.
59 :{)