[Spridgets] Fwd: [Wedge] Any Mini owners out there?

brian daredelvis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:39:08 MDT 2018

I have a Elf I found on this list a few years ago (thanks to Billy
Zoom). It had a worn out 998 in it that I replaced with a 1275 from an
automatic transmission Mini.  That block took a few modifications to
make work with the manual gearbox, and I went with the Schneider
racing cam mild street grind cam, and that car runs like snot. I have
no problem hitting 70+ up the 6% grade to work. It is a fun family
car.

The whole experience has motivated me to upgrade the Bugeye I bought
in '83 to a 1275.  I have the same spec build being sitting on my
workbench right now.  I finally got the block back from the machinist
two weeks ago.

Brian