[Spridgets] How best to silence facet fuel pump?

Tim Collins thcollin at mtu.edu
Sun Dec 29 16:51:11 MST 2019

I wrapped a layer of inner tube around a pump before mounting it to the
area where you mounted your pump. The pump failed. I thought the cause
would be alcohol laced fuel and sitting over winters, but on dissection I
found the electronics that controlled the electromagnet that moves the
plunger had failed. Electronics got too hot, I guess. Another clue was that
after the car sat 15 -- 20 minutes (cooled) the pump began "knocking"
again, but failed again within about 6 houses from home - when it warmed up
again. Replaced with same kind / brand of pump and so far so good. All the
internal moving bits were free and bright and shinny. The electronics are
"potted" so a comprehensive examination of the electrical parts wasn't
possible.
Tim

[image: P1070446S.jpg]
[image: P1070475S.jpg]