[Thicko] Rally to Reno

JohnD johnsfolly at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 15:24:27 MST 2011

I'm preparing my '53 MG TD to run the Rallye to Reno.  This will go from the
east coast to the 2011 Lake Tahoe MG International next June. Since the car
has been neglected for 30 years and seems to need so much attention, friends
began to question my sanity. So, I figured if it is really so "out there," I
could use it as a way to increase awareness of the issues related to
pediatric cancer and also raise some donations to CURE Childhood Cancer, a
4-star-rated charity dedicated to cutting edge research, training and
support of young patients and their families.

Some of you guys may know that I was diagnosed with cancer of the larynx in
1997 (and went into surgery the day after I rolled my Midget at GingerMan!).
Over the years of going to the University of Michigan Cancer Center, it's
the sight of the youngsters coming in for treatments that has stayed with
me. I had 50 years of fun. Some of them were never going to get off of the
starting grid.

Work is underway and I've posted the occassional blog entry as the date gets
closer. Ride along at MGDrive for CURE:
http://www.kidsCURE.blogspot.com <http://www.kidscure.blogspot.com/>

See you in Reno...and Tahoe...and San Francisco...and Portland...wherever
else I have to go to get back to Michigan!

-John Deikis
aka Blunt Head Trauma