[Tigers] Crate motor

Ronak, TP (Timothy) Timothy.Ronak at crna.akzonobel.com
Thu Aug 2 12:45:49 MDT 2007

Tony,

While I like the ford stuff for the money you will spend the aftermarket
has REALLY improved the Game. I just purchased a 331 hydraulic roller
short block with aftermarket forged rods and full floating pistons from
a company called M&R Engines in Glendale CA. They just started this web
based program and the engine I got for my wife's 1991 mustang is VERY
nice.

Before you go shell out dough to Ford you might want to try calling
Danny and see what they can do for you. I did assemble my engine myself
but they have a beautiful clean shop and the owners do all of the
assembly themselves. I did have a hiccup with the block they used and
they corrected it and some with absolutely no questions, hassle or
grief. Everyone has troubles and my experience has told me how problems
are handled is the true mark of a service organization and these guys
really care about the customer. I also have a 349 in my Tiger and the
piston slap just pisses me off when it is cold. It runs great and does
not use oil but were I to do it again ... I would probably do the 331. I
would go with the 331 and the Edelbrock heads with a TFS stage 2 Cam. My
349 made 360HP+ to the wheels and a 331 would likely be in the 340HP
range at the wheels depending on induction and carb.

If you are interested

Talk to Danny and tell him Tin Ronak suggested you call to see what they
can do for you. They will ship anywhere.

M&R Engines 818-500-4990

http://www.mandrengines.com/

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak