[Tigers] cheap ball joints

Smit, Theo Theo.Smit at dynastream.com
Mon Jul 16 16:59:52 MDT 2007

Others will have more detailed history here, but from what I recall
there was a replacement (lower?) balljoint on the market where the ball
and shaft were copper plated for corrosion resistance and it was
retained only by a nylock nut, not a castellated and cotter-pinned
assembly. Both the copper plating and the nylock nut were causes for
failure, but I don't have any direct experience or first hand stories
related to these items.

Theo