[Tigers] oil filter adapter

Randy Zimmermann zimme008 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 13:11:05 MDT 2007

The updated stock number for the insert is:

 oil filter insert'; Ford Part #F1AZ6890-B.

 Randy Z.
 Duluth, MN
 B382002349

PS.  Anyone have a spare bracket for holding the trunk platform in place?  I'm in need of another.  Thanks.

awtiger at cox.net wrote: Tom et al:

The oil filter set up you are undoubtedly referring to actually fits a mid-60's Econoline van with a 240 ci 6 cylinder motor.  In fact, the part #s for all the pieces are as follows:

C5TZ-6881-A (90 deg oil filter adaptor)
C5AZ-6894-A (bolt for adaptor)
C5AZ-6840-A (adaptor gasket)
EAA-6749-A (bolt gasket)
EAM-6890-B (threaded insert between adaptor and the block)

Years ago, a long-time Tiger owner and good friend of mine from here in Okla. City, Carroll Eeds, submitted a tech tip to the STOA outlining these part #s for the swap in question.  In fact, both he and I are still running our "Econoline" filter swaps with no problems.  Both of us also run stock exhaust manifolds, although I have run a set of headers with mine before.  However, #5 header tube comes dangerously close the filter and could contribute to excessive oil heating.

While these part #s are very old, I would imagine that Ford has newer numbers and/or applications that they will cross to.  One quick call to your local Ford dealer will reveal that.

Keep Tigerin',
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE