[Tigers] Ebay 1967 Sunbeam Tiger MK1A, Restored, 25, 000 Orig Miles .... Or Not!

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 02:53:15 MDT 2008

You could never convince me that car had only 25k miles. Maybe 125k. I'm certain the car will tac and if it bring 50k ( I haven't seen the auction) then I suppose it brings the value of our Tigers up. I know it had a 2 barell and I saw nothing to determine it was a 260 block BUT to my eye the cylinder appears to be 4", which is a stock 289. I dint remember the bore of a stock 260, so do  any of our more puter smart members have a method of measuring the bore by using the pic. It also  didn't appear they ever started the car and without doing so I would think it hard to determine the engine didn't need rebuilt, even tho I'm thinking in my head its a 289. They also had the bolts off the inspection plate of the tranny but didn't take any pics of the gears- I would have- wouldn't that be normal to show it looked good, even tho that wouldn't actually make it good BUT the trannys are pretty tough to be honest. Most of the body work appeared well done but there
 was so many places they didn't show the repair, so i wondered if bondo just covered up the small holes as opposed to metal welded in where the pics showed.
Happy Mothers day to all the Mothers on our LIST and the other kind of mutther doesn't count. regards, TonytheTiger