[Tigers] big rubber gas-tank filler tube

Rollright at aol.com Rollright at aol.com
Mon Nov 17 08:25:02 MST 2008

Hello,

Each time I fill my Tiger to the max and then go around a left corner, a
strong smell of gas emanates from
the rear of the car so you can smell it distinctly even when driving  with
the top down.

So, I bought from SS a new big honking rubber tube (with little tube  off the
side) to replace the original (I'm assuming this is the cause, old and
cracked I suppose). But......when I pulled the trunk side panel, it is not  obvious
how to best approach this replacement. Many others must have done this
before, says I. Especially in rubber eating California.

Is there a hot (maybe easy) way to replace this part?

Best regards,

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A 382002083
LRXFE