[Tigers] Many One of a Kinds

J. Nichols jxnichols at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 4 10:19:38 MDT 2009

"At the Chicago British Car Festival a few years back we had a real.
1934 Aston Martin LeMas Replica.  After winning the 24 Hrs of LeMans
Aston Martin made 3 exact replicas of the winning car."

Hmmm, I wonder how Aston Martin pulled that one off since they won Le Mans one
time in 1959.  And the drivers where Roy Salvadori and Mr. Cobra himself,
Carroll Shelby.

The most interesting clone, replica, continuation car or whatever you want to
call it that I have seen is the Jaguar XJ13 that someone in the Detroit area
owns.  The XJ13 was a mid 60's prototype that Jaguar was considering to race
at Le Mans but never did.  I don't know who made it but it is a knock-out to
see.

                      Jeff