[Tigers] Hood louvers 2

Tony Somebody achd73 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 12:48:20 MDT 2009

Bruce- it doesnt sound like your Tiger is running hot at all and with the
timing advanced for better performnce, power wise, I think you have good
numbers. As for the people compartment- there are several things that help and
articles on HOW TO DO THEM available at the TU site, the TE/AE website and
from newsletters. The author of any article will be glad to refer you to where
his article can be read. The bad is most of it should have been done before
the engine and interior where installed but there are still several small
things that help. My friend MS and I drove my Mk1 from St.Louis to SUNI this
year. The car had not been driven for  quite a while and upon starting the
engine the heater core started leaking- so out it came, reroute the hoses, who
needs heat that time of year. well the ammount of hot air coming thru the
holes the heater hoses went thru, minus the heater core, we had the heat on,
so we stuffed paper towells to block the hot engine
 compartment air from going to the point of least resistance. Thats just an
example of any openings in the firwall that helps heat the people compartment.
I wont go into insulating the floorboards and or firewall etc. as the articles
you seek will cover those but you can do much to help lower the inside temps.
Some have even installed ac.I think cruise control helps the feet a ton.Your
baby, you burp it. Good luck.
TtT