[Tigers] missing Instrument Stabilizer

Rollright at aol.com Rollright at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 07:15:30 MDT 2012

Hello,

After spending 5 hours over three evenings under the dashboard, I have
found there is no, I repeat, no instrument stabilizer in my car. It appears
that  the gauges (fuel and temp) were wired to 12 volts instead of the 10 from
the  I.S.

Tod Brown sent me pictures so I could identify it but no luck. Now  he is
sending me one from his stash.

Now, exactly how do I hook up the I.S.? I repeat, there is not one on the
car though there are some strange yellow wires rolling around. Where  did
the original wires hook up to electrically and physically. What were the  wire
colors? Does it wire back to the fuse block or pick up under the  dash?
The shop manual is no help here. It simply notes that the  I.S. is behind the
dash and that's it.

I've had the car for 36 years. This could have happened at a number of
shops I've done business with, but my guess is that it was early in its  life

Only you fellows will know this stuff. This data is gone from  print..

Please help.

Jim Armstrong