[Tigers] Ignition

Jeffrey Holt jeff.holt7 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 12:24:03 MDT 2012

I just recently had my Mark I rewired and have been running it about with
no trouble (other than the starter engaging for 2-3 seconds too long).

I got in the other day and turned the key to let the fuel pump run for a
second. Bright lights, strong sounds from the fuel pump. When I went the
extra distance to start the engine, the whole thing goes black. Dead.
Nothing. Then none of the other positions work on the ignition switch.

I checked the battery and it's fine and I put a charge on for a bit just to
make sure. Yesterday i tried it again; and the same thing happened. Good
lights, strong pump, turn to ignition and nothing. All dead.

Any thoughts? And how to check? I am not an electrical guy but can try some
things and I have a multi-meter, but have no real experience with it.

Thanks to the list!!