[Tigers] Steering wheel

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Sat Aug 25 07:07:36 MDT 2012

Tim
	NO - keep bagging and tagging; take pictures too.

Tapping the center bolt will only loosen the slide part of the column.   The
nut that holds the steering wheel is under the horn parts.  See Shop Manual,
Section J, pg 4, part #6 - steering wheel nut.  You will need a large deep
socket for that nut; 13/16" maybe?  Disconnect the horn wire first.

	You remove the steering wheel center pad, remove the small bolt and
the center plastic piece.  I'm not sure if the horn ring needs to be removed
or not, its been a long time since I have been in there.   There are a
number of parts in there, if you do - bag them, tag them and take pictures
of the correct order of these parts and confirm their order with the Shop
Manual.

	If you have already gotten to that large nut and the steering wheel
will not move then I recommend you put some penetrating oil on the steering
shaft to break the decade(s) long bond that is there.

Ron Fraser