[Tigers] good 289 for a rebuild?

genepadgett at comcast.net genepadgett at comcast.net
Sat Aug 25 20:54:44 MDT 2012

Buck,

I guess I would put the $700 package at the upper end of reasonable, given all that it includes. My frame of reference is the $400 or so I paid for the 9.5:1 (current day spec) Keith Black hypereuthetic (sp?) pistons alone for the 347 motor that is still on the verge of going in.

It is good to know that there is even any source for pistons available today for a 260 rebuild. I am sure there some are among us that would like to keep their car as true to original as possible. My question was really more of an academic one on the heals of what Ron was saying. I had seriously considered such a rebuild myself before leapfrogging to the 347. Well, with a strong push from my 32 year old son :>).

Thanks for posting that you have a source that can help with the 260. No doubt there will be some Listers contacting you for the contact info.

Gene