[Tigers] Big Valve 260

James Lindner jliny5 at cox.net
Mon Aug 27 18:28:28 MDT 2012

Hi All

Perhaps my engine information might help a bit in the discussion.

I will first say that the engine in my Tiger (B9470033) IS NOT THE ORIGINAL
ENGINE. I am not even sure if it was sourced from a Tiger; but it is a Ford
260, so maybe the following info might be some help.

The casting number is C30E-6015B. The casting date is 3D18 (18 Apr 63) and
it has 3 Freeze plugs.

As for the ORIGINAL engine (1048 E7KL), the info I have received from Norm
Miller states it was produced on 7 Nov 63 and was taken from the second
consignment of engines from Ford. Records are available for only 52 engines
in that group...My Tiger received the 49th. Unfortunately, that original
engine is long gone, having been switched out for a 289 way back. The owner
before me returned things to stock specs when the car was restored in 2000.
Unfortunately, I do not have any info on the origins of the replacement 260.

Jim