[Tigers] Pot metal refinishing report

Rollright at aol.com Rollright at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 13:07:43 MST 2012

Hello,

Gary Fish and I went to Castle Metal Finishing in Hudson, MA  yesterday and
saw the propriator, Ron. He advertises consistently in  Hemming's.

His quotes were as follows:

All of the following are pot metal parts:
Gary's headlight rims to be re-chromed: $ 175 each  (he loves  them...)
The landing site for the soft top frame just in back of the door: $  45 each
My vent window bottom finishing pieces that I've mentioned in the  past: $
75 each

Seemed high for the rims, but pretty much ok for the other  parts. We left
them all there to be done.
BTW: according to SS/Rick's catalog, the soft top landing sites  are not
currently available.

More later,

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A