[Tigers] Stock Brake Rotor Eval?

Thomas Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Wed Jan 22 12:45:28 MST 2014

I have an old post going back to 2002 that states the following:

 >>>The new rotors are .500 inch and the minimum is .375 inch.  The data
came
from a factory service bulletin.  Hope this helps.
Dan <<<  (I assume, but don't know that "Dan" is Dan Williams)

I actually used this post at the local Pep Boys as validation for the rotor
minimum.  I was asked however to sign that I accepted the turned rotors (and
liability). My recollection is that the rotors turned to about .425-ish.  I
had a spare set of rotors that I immediately took over to them.  I figured I
might not get such an accommodating service manager again (he was a Triumph
guy).  I'm glad I did. Back in 2002 it was $6 a rotor to turn. Now it is
$15.

Tom