[Tigers] Stock Brake Rotor Eval?

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Wed Jan 22 12:31:15 MST 2014

Terry
	Cracks in the brake disc are usually cause by too much heat.

I have not experienced anything like this on my Tiger, on other vehicles,
yes. I normally get a pedal feedback which means something is going bad and
needs repair or replacement.

If you do not intend to do Track Time or hard heavy braking they could be OK
for awhile.

I would say that if the rotor can be turned to eliminate the cracks without
taking too much material off; they could be OK.   Otherwise doorstops.

I'm not sure what the min thickness is allowable for the rotor; it's not
listed.  I believe the original thickness is about .5" and I believe the min
should about .45".

Safety first and always

Ron Fraser