[Tigers] Short Sh(r)ift

Stu Brennan stubrennan at comcast.net
Thu Jan 23 19:46:54 MST 2014

As a guy who needs the seat far forward, I don't think it's short English
guys who we have to blame for the short shifter.  I, too, am on the short
side, and find the short shift lever to be just too far away for comfort, or
even convenience.  It's an uncomfortable stretch for any gear, not just 3rd.
Of course, I'm spoiled by the Fiat, the Capri (German), the Jetta, and the
Subarus that I've owned.  The wheel to shifter ergonomics in these were
excellent, the hand just seeming to naturally fall to the shifter.  Not so
in my wife's Jeep liberty, where the shifter seems to be positioned for the
RHD version...

Stu