[Tigers] Alloy Wheel Truing

awtiger at cox.net awtiger at cox.net
Wed Mar 19 12:11:53 MDT 2014

Terry:

Years ago, a local tire store bent the crap out of the outer rim of a rear wheel for my '89 Saleen Mustang; no way could a tire have been re-mounted on it.  After I went balllistic on them, they told me they would foot the bill to have it repaired.  We have (had...) a specialty wheel shop here in Oklahoma City called "The Wheel Connection" at the time and I took it to them.  They had it repaired by the next day to where you couldn't even tell it had been damaged.

As far as LAT-70s are concerned, I took them two of mine that had some major curb rash on them and, once again, they fixed them to where you couldn't tell where the damage was.  In fact, I've lost track of which wheels they fixed; it's impossible to tell.

I would imagine that this wheel shop you're speaking of could probably do the work required to get your wheels repaired.  If you go over there to show them what you need, ask to see some of their work.  The wheel shop here even had examples of broken and repaired wheels in their showroom.  It's amazing what these guys can do.

Best of luck,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE