[Tigers] Dry sump

Owain Lloyd owain.lloyd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 22:05:29 MDT 2014

Anyone succeeded in dry sumping their tiger?  I would love to drop the
engine 2" and move it an inch back.

I could make new engine mount brackets to move it but I can't really see
how the pump would fit on the passenger side without the drive belt fouling
the lower rad hose.  Also the cross member would get in the way of the pump
pulley.  I think there might be enough space to fit a compact drive mandrel
onto the balancer with the engine an inch back though.

The frame rails are just so damn narrow!  Who's idea was it to put a v8 in
this perfectly good 4 cylinder anyway? :)