[Tigers] Tigers - repairing alloy wheels

snakebit289 snakebit289 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 12:42:12 MDT 2014

Terry, I have no qualms about using firms that repair or re-true alloys. I
have two BMW coupes, and and live in the pot hole capital, so the local wheel
repair guys are almost on speed dial. One of my coupes had to have two new
tires and two wheels repaired three years ago, at $125 each for just repairing
charges. My only gripe with some repair facilities is that some alloys come
painted from the factory, and when I was sending out customer wheels, they
would sometimes be unable to match the same finish. Call your local BMW
service guys to find out where they send their damaged wheels for repair, or
maybe you have your own source for repair firm contacts.  And, show them the
LAT wheel, to see if it poses any problems for them.

Rande Bellman