[Tigers] Bad Grounds what's new??

Jerry Mo Christopherson JCMC2006 at suddenlink.net
Fri Mar 28 16:19:35 MDT 2014

I finally decided to cure one grounding problem on the Tiger that I had!!
Have any of you had problems with the front turn signal not working because
of the insane way the LUCAS engineers tried to ground the Turn signal
light???

The chrome body (SS #EL54 in Rick's Catalog, not his fault, he didn't design
it) has a very strange way of grounding to the body of the car.  If the
screws just happen to touch the sides of the chrome piece you get to ground,
but the holes are larger than the screws so it might or might not get to
ground.

So what I did was take the light out of the front just far enough to get my
Dremel Tool with a wire wheel brush and cleaned off a section of the bulb
holder, then soldered (use solder paste) a wire on and run a short length of
wire over to the pinch weld with a screw where I also have the ground for
the parking bulb.  I put a dab of "liquid electrical tape" on the solder
joint to prevent corrosion.

Hope this helps someone.  I have a picture if necessary.

Jerry Christopherson

9473187